Thursday, June 4, 2009

God? It's me, Poland...

Intanet:

What's up? How's America? I'm still in Krakow, MoneSplye has been chilling. The weather here has been decidedly miserable. Not only is it raining a lot, but it gets very cold at night. Time is really blowing by here, I can't believe it's almost been two weeks already. Work at the Alf Klub seems to have reached a plateau. All we do is chill with them while they play computer games, making jokes and shit. That's interspersed with games of pik up stiks, making clay animals, and running around playing crude forms of soccer, rugby and basketball. We just hang out with kids all day, and they are really starting to like us. Some of the kids are still bat shit crazy, I know I already told you that the kids fight a lot, but you have to see it to believe it. It's like a dumbed down version of Mortal Kombat sometimes, today I even saw one kid push one down the stairs, they started laughing and I just said, "FINISH HIM." But they didn't do shit. I have a few favorite kids. One of them is named Damien (dom-ee-en) who is basically the ringleader of the online gamers who has the highest level in Tibia. He always goes to their computers and helps them beat levels and shit. He also knows a fair amount of English, so he teaches me words like "green" "sink" and "vacuum." He doesnt really give a shit about me teaching him english, which kind of makes him a fucking boss. He's only 11, but he reminds me of Stringer Bell. I also like this kid named Adam, Splye says he reminds him a lot of me. I'm not sure why, cuz this kid is the originator of the "laugh instead of crying" phenomenon, but he really does his thing. He ate an entire bowl of nutella, some on graham crackers and some on his fingers, and then begged me for more. He does weird shit, like walk around in circles around this plastic fence, but MoneSplye thinks its hilarious. He's in the vid below. My favorite girl is this girl named Angelina--she does this ill robot dance that will definitely have her makin dough in the main square if she doesn't make it past fourth grade.

On the counselor front nothing much has changed. There's this older woman who runs the show when the main guy isn't there. She's wears the same "Rollerblade USA" t shirt every day, and is about 4 and a half feet tall. I hate her. She always grabs me by the wrist and leads me to do her bidding, which is either moving furniture for no apparent reason or getting things from high places. She just yells at me in Polish, fully aware that I don't speak a single word. Still no sign of the hot blonde volunteer, chance she is a myth: %95.4. The Georgian dude is being the man, no videochats today.

Last night I went out with Sanjay and his bro who's in town visiting, but Splye stayed in cuz he got a stomach virus from eating the pork, chicken and dirt "hamburgers" we had for lunch at the Alf Klub. Sanjay's bro, who's built like Don Nelson but has the personality of Teddy KGB from Rounders, is the man. I like him for two reasons: 1. He says funny shit. Ex: One of the first things he says to me, "Hey, you ever been to Hungary? No? You gotta go man, the abortion rate is like 70%! Girls are loose!" 2. He has an endless determination to get tail. As soon as he gets turned down he literally asks the next girl he sees if they want a drink. I literally asked him what some broad said to him right after she turned her back and he goes, "what girl?" ballin. I had a fun night--I got back when the sun came up and I discarded my button down in the main square. Definitely a stupid decision, I only did it cuz there was a stain on my sleeve--it seemed logical at the time. Clubs aren't usually my scene, especially since there is no grind dancing here (sorry Brandon) but there is a lot of fun dancing! The dancers here are pretty legit, especially when it comes to salsa and shit. Anyway, I'm tired as hell so we are prob just going to grab some food and post up.

enjoy the vid, that's the kid adam i was talking about. He just said that all by himself after I asked him who throws down the hardest at Vanderbilt...

1 comment: